17.1.11

Choreographic solo sketch - Diffidence

My solo piece began with a piece of writing from Daphne Du Maurier's novel Rebecca;

Firstly, I looked at the idea of being 'handicapped' by restricting the movement of one body part. For example, my first improvisation involved leaving the forearm restricted to the floor without any movement. I also completed more improvisations focussing on other body parts, such as the feet and legs.

I found that within these improvisations I wasn't dedicated to keeping the body part restricted. I then decided to see if the movement would change if I physically resticted my movement. As another layer to this, I looked at the writer's focus on the contrast between timid and bold. I found being physically restrained easier to move more freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment